Research in another specialty

Started by newbie04
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

newbie04

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I did a search, but didn't find much.

I'm interested in PM&R. I've been published in the past for summer research between MS1 and MS2 in a different specialty. I'm currently on a rotation (not PM&R) where the PD and I got to talking and he essentially handed me some publishable & presentable research that should be wrapped up before my ERAS submission next summer.

I really wanted to do PM&R specific research; however, I don't have my PM&R rotation until the end of my 3rd year.

My question: should I take advantage of this research opportunity or should I currently be pursuing "PM&R-specific" research opportunities / connections?
 
PDs love to see ANY research experience. I would take those two birds in the hand.