Research in England

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dodo24

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I am a first year medical student and i was interested in doin pulmonolgy research somewhere in europe preferably England. Does anyone have any suggestions on which hospital i should look into or where i should do it thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

You should visit www.ifmsa.org -> exchanges for medical students -> research exchange.

UK has no projects to offer through ifmsa, but there are alot of other european countries which are willing to accept students. Check your home uni for a exchange committee. They will be able to help you arrange your project.

For England, it's all done through contacts really.

Pick an area/hospital you like the look of, do a bit of research to find out what you can about who researches what in that area, and fire off an e-mail. If they say they'll have you, great! You're in...

There are probably large respiratory centres somewhere in the country... I'm not particularly aware of one in Birmingham, though if I remember correctly, Heartlands Hospital (Bham) has a special interest in CF (which is rare in this country. Rare I say!)

HTH