• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

Research Options

TX8

Dec 14, 2012
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    I have volunteered for a semester in a research lab on campus and have the opportunity to receive one hour of credit for said research. This would be a guaranteed A for an upper level research elective and could be taken again in subsequent semesters. The downside is that I would have to pay for the course. I am also not sure if the research would look better to adcoms on a volunteer basis as opposed to getting credit for it. Thanks for any insight.

MedPR

Membership Revoked
    Removed
    Dec 1, 2011
    1. Pre-Podiatry
      I have volunteered for a semester in a research lab on campus and have the opportunity to receive one hour of credit for said research. This would be a guaranteed A for an upper level research elective and could be taken again in subsequent semesters. The downside is that I would have to pay for the course. I am also not sure if the research would look better to adcoms on a volunteer basis as opposed to getting credit for it. Thanks for any insight.

Volunteer imo. Even if your GPA is low an A in a 1 credit course isn't going to do much for you.

About the Ads

Juan Solo

7+ Year Member
      Oct 12, 2009
      Los Angeles, CA
      1. Resident [Any Field]
        Research is research whether its for credit of voluntary, what you get out of it is most important. If you are getting a good experience from it and you find it to be worthwhile of your time and money then go for it, it will probably end up being a great experience depending on your level of commitment and involvement.

torshi

Squirrel
        10+ Year Member
        Army
        Oct 26, 2010

Doing it for credit is better than volunteering. of course it cost money since it counts towards credits = easy A as well. My school only gives credits no grade...

Do it.

About the Ads
          This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.