Research paper....please post....Thanks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ChiefWiggum

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am working on a research paper and your participation is crucial for my data.
I am not a medical or dental applicant. Please answer the following questions:

1.What intially attracted you to the medical field, specifically dental?
2.Did money play a part in your decision to pursue this occupation?
3.What former education do you have? (AA, BA, MS, major, special courses)
4.Describe the application process to me. Please include how different schools were presented to you, who you met with, and details regarding the application? (essay, questions, application fee)
5.Why did you choose the school(s) that you chose?

Thanks again for your posts

Members don't see this ad.

Please answer....I am not an applicant..just collecting thoughts. I have posted the same thread in the MD forum and have been getting good results

Thanks

Any information you get submitted via a forum like this would have to be worthless; it's a very unique sub-section of applicants and it's in no way random.

Maybe it's time to rethink your parameters

Members don't see this ad :)

4.Describe the application process to me. Please include how different schools were presented to you, who you met with, and details regarding the application? (essay, questions, application fee)

:laugh:

What journal do you plan on submitting to?

SDN is not necessarily representative of the dental/medical school population. The data you receive will probably be highly skewed b/c the students here are definitely more motivated: those that respond to your questionnaire are those likely to be better applicants.

SDN is not necessarily representative of the dental/medical school population. The data you receive will probably be highly skewed b/c the students here are definitely more motivated: those that respond to your questionnaire are those likely to be better applicants.

DDSY.....Skewed or not... its data.

Fine, fine.. happy?:p
1. The ability to help people along with the respectability of being a dentist(i know it sounds corny)
2. Of course, money always plays a role in our decisions
3. Master's
4. Take dental admissions test. Apply using centralized online website, AADSAS. Do secondary applications. Interview. Choose a dental school that accepts you.
5. Geography, undergraduate affiliation, cost, prestige

Fine, fine.. happy?:p
1. The ability to help people along with the respectability of being a dentist(i know it sounds corny)
2. Of course, money always plays a role in our decisions
3. Master's
4. Take dental admissions test. Apply using centralized online website, AADSAS. Do secondary applications. Interview. Choose a dental school that accepts you.
5. Geography, undergraduate affiliation, cost, prestige

Thanks DDSY....if only someone could invent cyber beer I 'd buy you one.

1.) Tha ability to help other people, to afford a life in which I can feel fufilled profesionaly, and be able to be a primary caretaker for my children.(After I graduate)

2.) Yes it definately did, it was not the primary factor in my decision but it is a major component of why I chose dentistry.

3.) BS Biochemistry

4.) The only school presented to me was marquette by my family, I had to do research on-line to gain information regarding different schools.

5.) Corriculum(research vs. clinical), Location, Family