Research personal statement Review/ Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Trollest

Membership Revoked
Removed
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
First, I am a first year MD student who is applying research opportunities this summer.

I was wonderig if anyone would be kind enough to take a look and critique my personal statement.

Thanks for the help.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
First, I am a first year MD student who is applying for SURP this summer.

I was wonderig if anyone would be kind enough to take a look and critique my personal statement.

Thanks for the help.

Aren't SURPs (summer undergraduate research programs) and SURFs (summer undergraduate research fellowships) only open to undergraduate students? As in, if you are an M1, you shouldn't be eligible (at least according to every school I have researched). The point of these programs is to prep undergrads for professional or graduate school like MD- or PhD-school.

Reactions: 1 user
I meant the one they have for first year medical student. I will fix the typo

Aren't SURPs (summer undergraduate research programs) and SURFs (summer undergraduate research fellowships) only open to undergraduate students? As in, if you are an M1, you shouldn't be eligible (at least according to every school I have researched). The point of these programs is to prep undergrads for professional or graduate school like MD- or PhD-school.

Reactions: 1 user