Research Positions without reseacrh experience???

Started by Ileana
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Ileana

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys,

Wanted to know if u guys might be able to help me out. I wanted to know how can u get reseach experience without any previous research experience.

I have a Bachelors in Biology and will be getting a Masters in Biomedical Sciences this May, since Ill be applying for the 2007, that leaves me with a year off, and I wanted to really get some research experience. I have no previous experience. Does anybody how I can get my foot in the door????

Please Help!!
 
I think most people get their foot in the door while doing an undergrad degree. Some people only get serious research experience when doing an advanced degree. I find it hard to believe you've gotten zero research experience and yet have a BA/BS and almost an MS. At a minimum, have you spent some time in the lab doing some small originally designed research as part of a class? Done a research-based class/independent research for credit? I guess if you're really looking to start at ground zero, you can ask a trusted professor who has an active lab how you can get started, either in his/her lab or someone else's.