Research/Publications

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bihari

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have heard from many many sources [but correct me if i am wrong] that medical schools like students who do some sort of research. It need not relate to medicine, but as long as it is some sort of research it would be good.

I was wondering, for a student who is in graduate school (I am not, but still asking just to know), would a master's thesis be considered a 'publication'? also, for undergraduates who do a 'senior thesis', would that be considered a publication or be categorized as 'research'. I don't know how applications exactly are, so please let me know if i am making a distinction between publication and research that may not really exist.

Members don't see this ad.

A thesis of any kind does not count as a publication. A publication is an article published in a recognized journal (usually peer-reviewed).

A thesis of any kind does not count as a publication. A publication is in a recognized journal (usually peer-reviewed).

thanks, that pretty much clears it up haha..