Research Publications

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kong57

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone familiar with the publication process? How long does it typically take for a paper to get reviewed and published after being submitted? I have heard that it can take quite some time...

Members don't see this ad.

Is anyone familiar with the publication process? How long does it typically take for a paper to get reviewed and published after being submitted? I have heard that it can take quite some time...

Depends on the quality of the paper, the journal you're submitting to, and (rarely) the importance of the results. Can be a week, a year, but usually a few weeks to months (for acceptance, actual publication will probably be a month at a minimum). Revisions are the norm, however, so usually at least a couple months from submission to acceptance.

Check the student research link in my sig. It will answer your questions.