Research Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wardens

Long arm of the law
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I like both GI and ID, and I know how important research is for fellowships. For some background, I did Geriatrics/PM&R research after first yr and on and may get 1-2 papers out of it. I'm currently an MS III and will be taking a year off to do research in infectious disease (my other interest).

Now, these research experiences are unrelated to GI, but I assume I'll have to do some GI research later on if I decide to go that path. When would be a good time to do this and will all this research exp. be helpful in an unrelated field like GI? Thanks,

Members don't see this ad.

Wardens said:
I like both GI and ID, and I know how important research is for fellowships. For some background, I did Geriatrics/PM&R research after first yr and on and may get 1-2 papers out of it. I'm currently an MS III and will be taking a year off to do research in infectious disease (my other interest).

Now, these research experiences are unrelated to GI, but I assume I'll have to do some GI research later on if I decide to go that path. When would be a good time to do this and will all this research exp. be helpful in an unrelated field like GI? Thanks,

How 'bout doing some viral hepatitis research? Something that cross both discipline

Vision said:
How 'bout doing some viral hepatitis research? Something that cross both discipline

So what if your flipfloping between PMR and IM-Gastro... and you have the opportunity to do NIH research in PMR... would that help at all if you later decide to do Gastro? I'm speaking form an MS3 point of view.