Research Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
B

Beoz

I know it is beneficial to list research you have conducted but is being a research subject something that is worth listing on apps as well?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

In general, I don't think it should be included. Your participation level is usually small enough that you're not exercising a great deal of responsibility, or even know that much about the study parameters.

But if for some reason it had a huge impact on your outlook (e.g., seeing the experience from the research subject's side confirmed your desire to do research, etc.), then you might want to mention it in your essays. This is probably unlikely (hopefully your motivation would be more substantial), but might be true in some cases.

Good luck!

Well here be the deal.

Ive done field research, ive done statistical analysis and I could mention I was on the other side of the fence as well. Showing a more complete perspective on research.

What do you think, my fellow SDNer's?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think it is a good idea. Even if the schools dont care that you have been on "the other side" it might differentiate you as an applicant if you can indicate that you know what it is like from both directions. Makes you more of a complete person... kinda like being a doctor but knowing what it is like to be a patient.

i don't know about listing it in your post-sec experiences, but i think it'd be fine (and pretty interesting and different!!) in your personal statement.