Quantcast

Research summer before MS1...anybody?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tugbug

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Ive been getting letters about research positions for the summer before I start, as well as the summer between MS 1 & 2. I'm thinking about doing it. Anyone else have opinions on if this is worthwhile? Thanks

Ranger47

Doctor G
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Where do they want you to do research at? I am applyin for 2005 and would love to do something like that, since I have nothing else to do all summer.

tugbug

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing it will be at the med school or at area hospitals. I think programs like this are pretty common, and Im sure most schools offer research spots. These are described as 10 wks with a stipend. Im trying to decide if it is worth it to give up my last "free" summer :)

acab

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by tugbug
Im trying to decide if it is worth it to give up my last "free" summer :)

I'm having the same problem. I'm thinking that it's worth doing it if you can then graduate with honors in research (maybe continuing the work in the summer between years 1 and 2). If not, maybe I'll choose to enjoy the summer.

Sharkfan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am planning on doing this as well; I am pretty sure lots of medical schools have these programs- with stipends, yay $$- for incoming MSIs and rising MSIIs.

Might as well jump in while i am still unstressed and motivated. :laugh: