tugbug

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 17, 2003
Status (Visible)
Ive been getting letters about research positions for the summer before I start, as well as the summer between MS 1 & 2. I'm thinking about doing it. Anyone else have opinions on if this is worthwhile? Thanks

Ranger47

Doctor G
15+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2002
Status (Visible)
Where do they want you to do research at? I am applyin for 2005 and would love to do something like that, since I have nothing else to do all summer.

tugbug

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 17, 2003
Status (Visible)
I'm guessing it will be at the med school or at area hospitals. I think programs like this are pretty common, and Im sure most schools offer research spots. These are described as 10 wks with a stipend. Im trying to decide if it is worth it to give up my last "free" summer :)

About the Ads

acab

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 12, 2003
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by tugbug
Im trying to decide if it is worth it to give up my last "free" summer :)

I'm having the same problem. I'm thinking that it's worth doing it if you can then graduate with honors in research (maybe continuing the work in the summer between years 1 and 2). If not, maybe I'll choose to enjoy the summer.

Sharkfan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 25, 2004
Southeast USA
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I am planning on doing this as well; I am pretty sure lots of medical schools have these programs- with stipends, yay $$- for incoming MSIs and rising MSIIs.

Might as well jump in while i am still unstressed and motivated. :laugh:

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.