Research tract?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Logos'

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Was Hopkins one of them? I got the same info from Hopkins regarding the research residency program.

Like Logos' I too am very curious about this issue as I plan to do a fellowship/postdoc after residency. The very thoughts that Logos raises has also gone through my mind.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Cool cool...congrats on the Stanford interview BTW...was gonna say that in the Interview thread but I'll just say it now :). An extra day of interviews at Stanford regarding research-residency? Wow...what is this? Sounds a lot like those MSTP interviews we went to many years ago.

I believe we both heard from the Brigham as well...however, they didn't explicitly mention any kind of research residency. Oh well, that info may be more forthcoming in future correspondences or the interview itself.

Last edited:
Paying for interviews do suck. I don't remember losing all that much money to this whole process all those years ago. WashU took the prize; they paid for everything and sent you the plane ticket in the mail. I don't think they'll do that for pathology interviews though. I estimate some pretty heavy hits to my wallet this year anyway.

I think it's a good idea to opt for the 2 day interview. An extra day in CA can't hurt now right? If Stanford invited me for an interview that's what I would do. Unfortunately, the two friends I had in the Bay area left so I would definitely have to front the extra hotel costs.