Research undergrad paper

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

denistryispassion

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So Im an undergrad at a school with a well known dental school and I have emailed a couple faculty members about a possible research paper that think would be interesting. I wish to conduct a small survey/research project, due to my circumstances. I have traveled to Honduras and Sweden and will be returning to these locations within the next year. Honduras to shadow local dentists over spring break and I am going back to Sweden to study abroad for a semester. I think these locations will be interesting to analyze because Sweden has some of the top ranked dental schools including Karolinska Institute: Institute of Odontology and University of Göteborg. Honduras on the other hand, is one of the top countries for dental relief programs.
I would like to analyze these areas along with North Carolina, comparing the perspectives the local dentists have on oral health globally and locally. I have formulated a list of questions, but I was hoping to get advice from a professional to strengthen this project I have in mind. The problem is no one has gotten back to be regarding if I should pursue this. By the time this would be finished I would be already accepted or rejected from dental schools, so I'm not sure if it's even worth it, or where I should go from here. Please let me know if anyone has any advice.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

I would physically contact a DDS, MPH at your school and express your interest and note that you are looking for advice and possibly a mentor for your research project. If no one is willing to help you, just go out and do the research collection yourself. It's more impressive.... just make sure all your research conduction is ethical.