resident
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2008
Status
with no research in cv
i am img intern and want to do cards fellowship

we have one month of elective
should i go for cardiology research elective or cardiology clinical elective?
which one would help more

some of seniors told me for research elective as its very important nowadays and they said that i allways have ccu rotation to impress attendings if i want to..no need to do clinical elective as i dont hv research.

any opinions?

Myostatin

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 29, 2003
Visit site
Status
Research is key in getting a fellowship spot - the question is how much are you going to accomplish in a 1 mo research elective - I'm assuming from your post that you don't have a project already set up. If this is the case, but you think you can use your month to at least set up a project that you can work on over the next 1.5 yrs and hopefully compete, then you should definitely do the research elective. If you feel this isn't realistic for some reason such as conditions at your institution, then go with the clinical elective.

OP
P

panipuri

resident
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2008
Status
i will get the project in next few weeks.
research attending question was there are so many people who wants to do research wid him.. why should he take me knowing that i am intern and i want devote much time.
and i convinced him that i can devote one full month for research..and he agreed..

i dont know how one month research can help me out..or clinical wd be a better option

thanks for answering me..