Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How's everyone doing? I just had a quick question. Is it better to have done research (and been published) in your undergraduate years, or to have volunteered at a hospital? I am in the process of doing the former, and was just wondering.
Also, what type of volunteerism is best. I plan on volunteering at a hospital (essentially, I will be shadowing a Dr..), or should I do something where I am more involved with patient's (i.e., reading to them, etc.) Also, it's my junior year and it kind of feels like (maybe it is) I am prostituting myself at the eleventh hour to get into medical school.
Basically, I am just trying to get thoughts on this subject, esp. from people who might have first hand knowledge. Thanks.
Also, what type of volunteerism is best. I plan on volunteering at a hospital (essentially, I will be shadowing a Dr..), or should I do something where I am more involved with patient's (i.e., reading to them, etc.) Also, it's my junior year and it kind of feels like (maybe it is) I am prostituting myself at the eleventh hour to get into medical school.
Basically, I am just trying to get thoughts on this subject, esp. from people who might have first hand knowledge. Thanks.