Research while in Med School

Started by dulop
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dulop

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,

I posted this question in the NS forum but I suppose it applies to other very competitive specialties. My question is that it seems like the best time to do research in my program is summer after 1st year. However, I'm curious, if I do research with a orthopedic surgeon for example, how does that affect my application should i choose to purse NS, or optho, etc. Basically, i'm asking how research in a specialty affects my application in other, very competitive residencies should I choose my mind during med school. If it does, it feels like my decision for a specialty has to made very soon. Thanks for the responses.

dulop