research

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

terpgirl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Quick question--how far back can you list research? I mean must it have been during undergrad? I know it's a plus, and it was hell doing it, and it's the reason why I decided I do NOT want to do medical research--at one time I was interested in med research and this experience makes me now think otherwise.

Also, how much would they ask about it on an application? I do NOT want them to contact my supervisor (she's a witch, flipped on me for her project not working--even though I had made a big discovery about a method and will never credit me for it--and never apologized or retracted when she found a manufacturer defect/their product not living up to protocol was the reason nothing worked!)

-Liz

Members don't see this ad.

huh?

How far back are we talking...HS, jHS, ES?

on the post secondary app they do ask for contact info however its debatable if they really look deeply into these things. Nevertheless, many applicants who conduct research (even if they used it to determine they didn't like medical research) will have a letter, since many of the same thought processes in research are similar to those used in medical school.

I guess its up to you to determine how significantly it impacted your decision to not be a researcher and go to medical school.

good luck

I did it senior year of high school, 2002-2003. Will be graduating from undergrad December 2005, and entering med school fall 2006.

-Liz