research?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RamblingPremed

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone--
Question, so I am currently a "research intern," where I make phone calls to participants to see if they want to consent to our project and if they do, then I read of the consent form for these patient. I may issue emails, payments, and make call backs for consenting, but there is nothing else I am doing. Would you consider this research? Is it even worth sticking to it if I am already stretching thin and won't help me in my applications if its not research?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone--
Question, so I am currently a "research intern," where I make phone calls to participants to see if they want to consent to our project and if they do, then I read of the consent form for these patient. I may issue emails, payments, and make call backs for consenting, but there is nothing else I am doing. Would you consider this research? Is it even worth sticking to it if I am already stretching thin and won't help me in my applications if its not research?
No this is merely logistics. You are not testing hypothesis, nor making a contribution to human knowledge at this point.

You need to be doing something to generate data and analyze it and propagate it.

Reactions: 1 user
Ahhh! I figured this was the case. My only concern is I made a commitment for 10 months and I am half way there. The director of this project seat on the admissions table, so could she block me from also applying to other schools or am I overthinking it? Of course, I just won't apply to that one specific school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ahhh! I figured this was the case. My only concern is I made a commitment for 10 months and I am half way there. The director of this project seat on the admissions table, so could she block me from also applying to other schools or am I overthinking it? Of course, I just won't apply to that one specific school.
You're overthinking.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone--
Please read
(It might have been posted on the forums too.)

You can download a free PDF rubric to give you an idea what most look for regarding research experience/competency.