research?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

marie337

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm just curious what kinds of research are being done by psychiatrists out there. I have a fascination with the biophysics of consciousness and I'm wondering if this is something I could research through the psychiatry field or if it falls more in another catagory. I have been thinking a lot about doing psychiatry, and it just sort of occurred to me that maybe I could also do some research on this along the way.

Members don't see this ad.

marie337 said:
I'm just curious what kinds of research are being done by psychiatrists out there. I have a fascination with the biophysics of consciousness and I'm wondering if this is something I could research through the psychiatry field or if it falls more in another catagory. I have been thinking a lot about doing psychiatry, and it just sort of occurred to me that maybe I could also do some research on this along the way.

Dunno about Biophysics but there is a lot of Genetics research going on in Psych these days, which comprises a lot of work with bioinformatics and of course, Psychpharma research too..

marie337 said:

Depends on what you mean by biophysics, but if you're talking about PET and fMRI imaging of emotions, information processing, and mental states, you'll find a lot of it going on. Some very good stuff is happening just down the road from you in the enemy camp of Ann Arbor...

Go Spartans!