maude eh

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 5, 2006
Status
Medical Student
Any tips on acquiring a research position prior to starting residency? I might have a year off prior to my intern year, and Id love to do some clinical research (with monetary compensation of course) in anesthesiology.

tulAnesthesia

10+ Year Member
Jul 7, 2006
Status
maude said:
Any tips on acquiring a research position prior to starting residency? I might have a year off prior to my intern year, and Id love to do some clinical research (with monetary compensation of course) in anesthesiology.
talk to research faculty directly on the phone if you really want this to happen. call several departments directly.

i don't believe there are any "clinical research in anesthesiology" fellowships for new medical grads. but i haven't looked for them, so i could be wrong.

good luck.

New2Midwest

Vigilante
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 30, 2004
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Check out Wash U (my program); I believe we are #2 in NIH grants and we have an entire dept. dedicated to clinical research-multiple ongoing clinical studies currently-PM me for more info-

Pilot Doc

SDN Angel
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
tulAnesthesia said:
i don't believe there are any "clinical research in anesthesiology" fellowships for new medical grads.
Ditto.

You're most likely to find a position with a well-funded basic science researcher.

Try these schools