Research???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuredrcrawfor

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When medical schools say they like to see research are they refering only to scientific research or an scholarly research?

I am going on study abroad to Europe and there is an advanced research part that is a 8 month project but focused on history (meeting with diplomats, researching historical events/places and then helping to form a new interactive website). If I did that would it count at all as research or just extra curricular?

I am also considered a summer research program in science next summer but I have so many things I want to do and not enough time!

Members don't see this ad.

When medical schools say they like to see research are they refering only to scientific research or an scholarly research?

I am going on study abroad to Europe and there is an advanced research part that is a 8 month project but focused on history (meeting with diplomats, researching historical events/places and then helping to form a new interactive website). If I did that would it count at all as research or just extra curricular?

I am also considered a summer research program in science next summer but I have so many things I want to do and not enough time!

They love all research. They may prefer medical related research. But if you describe the tools you used and what you learned about research in general, they like that too. It would definitely count as research. I did some anthropological research (that also had a bit to do with medicine) and they were all over it...

Sounds like a great project. As previously noted, science research is preferred but as long as you learn something and can talk about it, other research is great too.