research

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by Allright, May 15, 2008.

1. Allright

Pre-Pharmacy
    hello everybody

I was wondering if it can be considerd research experience if you took part in a research project for a class that was required part of the class or is it only considerd research exp if you work with an instructor

thanx

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. nerv12345

nerv12345 ...
    Moderator Emeritus

Pharmacy Student
    i doubt it...it's part of the class. but who knows, ask a few schools and see what they say

4. UES Girl

Banned

Pharmacist
    I am not sure if I understand correctly: have you completed a project of your own while being in this class or were you just in the lab learning lab techniques as a part of this class ?

Research is a vague term to use, explain the situation more clear. Two weeks of research and two years of research look different on an application imho.

5. Allright

Pre-Pharmacy
    it was an actual project
    writing a proposal, doing experiments, presentation

6. UES Girl

Banned

Pharmacist

Then I do not see why not. I'd contact the schools to be sure though like nerv suggested.

7. rxgrl08

rxgrl08 1st Year Pharmacy Student

Pharmacy Student
    I believe that it would be ok to mention and will look good for you. But individual research outside of class time with an instructor is very valuable. When I told NOVA that I was doing research they were very interested and impressed (I was accepted but declined).