research

Started by Allright
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Allright

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hello everybody

I was wondering if it can be considerd research experience if you took part in a research project for a class that was required part of the class or is it only considerd research exp if you work with an instructor


thanx
 
hello everybody

I was wondering if it can be considerd research experience if you took part in a research project for a class that was required part of the class or is it only considerd research exp if you work with an instructor


thanx

I am not sure if I understand correctly: have you completed a project of your own while being in this class or were you just in the lab learning lab techniques as a part of this class ?

Research is a vague term to use, explain the situation more clear. Two weeks of research and two years of research look different on an application imho.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I believe that it would be ok to mention and will look good for you. But individual research outside of class time with an instructor is very valuable. When I told NOVA that I was doing research they were very interested and impressed (I was accepted but declined).