Researching pharmacy schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

deanza1234

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm just wondering how you guys do research for pharmacy schools. What are the basic steps in researching schools? Since there are a lot of them in U.S, how do you decide which one is the best choice? :)
Thanks for all of your replies;)

Members don't see this ad.

First you gotta be realistic about your stats, since they will most likely determine where you'll get accepted. Very high stats + lots of work and ECs MIGHT = any school; not so good stats or average stats and/or experience and ECs usually = In-state schools. The ACPE is a good website to see the schools by state, and so is the PharmCAS School Page. Once you have an idea what state you wanna go, just go to the schools website and read everything about the School of Pharmacy you're interested in. If its possible you might even want to consider going to an Open House.

I'm just wondering how you guys do research for pharmacy schools. What are the basic steps in researching schools? Since there are a lot of them in U.S, how do you decide which one is the best choice? :)
Thanks for all of your replies;)

Well, things to think about:

Location? Is this a concern for you?
Weather?
Affiliation with a church?
Proximity to things you like (big city, rural area, specific undergrad institution , etc)?
Cost?
Length of program?
Type of program (0+6, 3-yr, 4-yr, etc)?
Pre-reqs?
Your academic history?

Members don't see this ad :)
"not so good stats or average stats and/or experience and ECs usually = In-state schools"

Does this include private schools? Since they don't have to abide my the acceptance standards set by state-funded public schools, do they still accept more in-state students than out of state?

"not so good stats or average stats and/or experience and ECs usually = In-state schools"

Does this include private schools? Since they don't have to abide my the acceptance standards set by state-funded public schools, do they still accept more in-state students than out of state?

....or if you live in California, "not so good stats or average stats" = OUT OF STATE SCHOOLS!:smuggrin:

for me it was:

1.apply to the in-state school for a better chance of getting accepted.
2.look at the west coast schools.
3.see which west coast schools i might want to go to (and might get in).
4.apply