Resetting UWorld

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medstud87

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have 27% unused left on UWorld (Mostly pharm and path left). Am 6 weeks out. I have done questions here and there throughout the past 8 months, but have ramped it up over past 3 months. I have done path and phys questions along with every system, but have neglected pharm somewhat. I am now starting my official Step 1 dedicated study period.

I have annotated while doing questions so far. I know I am weak in Pharm and it shows because a bulk of the questions that are unused are Pharmacology related.

Do you think it would be good to start fresh for these 6 weeks and reset the QBank? Is there a way to reset without deleting notes and highlights?

Members don't see this ad.

Also would it be a good idea to go thru Uworld again and then do another question bank 2 weeks prior?

Also would it be a good idea to go thru Uworld again and then do another question bank 2 weeks prior?

I have Kaplan QBank as well. I actually would have recommended doing that bank first because it seems to be better for facts and UWorld is better for integrating into USMLE-like clinical scenarios. Overall, UWorld is a lot better (the Kaplan QBank questions are often worded poorly and/or not written particularly well, or test obscure facts that are pretty useless to learn).

Having said that, Kaplan QBank will teach you a lot as well. It's actually really good on Behavioral Science, Physio, Drugs/Bugs. The more questions, the better. I would recommend doing it on "High Yield" mode though, as this tends to help get rid of a least a good chunk of the "WTF is this?" sort of questions.

And yes...resetting UWorld isn't a bad idea. Wait til you've gone through it all though and had time to re-do incorrect answers. 2nd pass will be much quicker than the first, believe me.

Last edited:
What do you all think about resetting UW and repeating the entire bank vs. doing just incorrect & marked questions a second time?

I have taken notes from UW so I am debating about just using those + doing incorrects versus doing the entire qbank a second time.

Doing the entire qbank again seems like it would take alot of time, and in the dedicated study time period I wonder if it is worth it, but everyone seems to think it is.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've heard that doing ALL of UWorld over again is helpful rather than just doing incorrect questions. Repetition/Practice makes perfect and hammers in concepts/facts.

Anyone else care to chime in?

Thanks

I reset and think it's a good idea. When you just do incorrect and marked, it's a random mix. That is, you could get one question 15 times and another question only once. Plus, some of your marked questions might be self-evident to you at this point and thus unnecessary to repeat. I reset so I'm guaranteed to see every question at least twice, and the marked questions will be the ones I really want to focus on in the few days right before the test.

I reset and think it's a good idea. When you just do incorrect and marked, it's a random mix. That is, you could get one question 15 times and another question only once. Plus, some of your marked questions might be self-evident to you at this point and thus unnecessary to repeat. I reset so I'm guaranteed to see every question at least twice, and the marked questions will be the ones I really want to focus on in the few days right before the test.

Thanks I appreciate it. I'll try and do the same.

I have about 56% of Uworld left to do on my first run through but does anyone know if the concepts are going to start repeating or is there a new concept in each of the 2000+ questions?