Residencies

Started by DPT1232
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DPT1232

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey Everybody--

I am going into my third year of PT school, and am very interested in applying for a residency upon graduating. I was wondering if anyone knew how competitive residencies are, specifically orthopedic ones, and what they are looking for in the selection process.

Thanks!
 
Residencies are challenging and competitive. I recommend working for a year, get a feel for the field as a licensed PT, prior to going through a residency. Residencies only pay stipends, and there are loans you have to consider repaying.

My advice is: get your PT license
work for a year
get a feel for the field
then apply for a residency