Medical Residency Admissions Consulting & Editing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Residency application tip: Don’t turn your residency essay into a rehashing of your CV. Your CV is where you should list your accomplishments blow-by-blow; your essay, on the other hand, is where you should focus on insights into your experiences and how they influenced your residency goals – the story of where you are going given where you have been.

Need more advice on your residency application? Need guidance on how to best present yourself in your essays and beat your competition? Accepted.com can help you! We’ve helped thousands of residency applicants gain acceptance to top residency programs since 1994. Our consultants bring decades of admissions experience to the table and look forward to helping you obtain your ideal residency match!

Here are some of the services we offer residency applicants:

1) Residency Admissions Consulting and Editing
2) CV/Resume Services
3) Residency Interview Prep
4) Letters of Recommendation Services

Members don't see this ad.

Accepted.com will be giving away one hour of Residency Admissions Consulting to one lucky member!

Winners for each raffle will be drawn from among the members who post questions about the product or otherwise meaningfully contribute to the discussion.

Good luck :)

Hey,

I am trying to match into one of the more competitive specialties (Derm) on the East Coast - Boston or NYC. I've done my research on SDN and am still kind of confused on the role the PS plays. Some say it does not matter at all while others say it could be the ticket into your residency of choice - do you have any comment about that?

Thanks for offering your product in the test prep week!

Hey,

I am trying to match into one of the more competitive specialties (Derm) on the East Coast - Boston or NYC. I've done my research on SDN and am still kind of confused on the role the PS plays. Some say it does not matter at all while others say it could be the ticket into your residency of choice - do you have any comment about that?

Thanks for offering your product in the test prep week!

Thanks for your question! Different programs attach different weight to the personal statement-- but in especially competitive specialties and programs in particular, it's very important. Think of it as your way to distinguish yourself from all the other strong candidates, and to introduce yourself (in a more human way, beyond how you look on paper) to the committee. In addition, residency programs want to know that you have strong communication skills-- and the personal statement is one place to show them that you have that.
Good luck with everything, and let us know if you have any more questions!