Position Available Residency and graduation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lebanesepharmacist

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do pharmacy residency programs need proof of graduation before starting? Because on phorcas as you know, transcripts are almost complete but months are still left to graduate with pharmD since we apply in december. How do they know we graduated? I finish my requirements on may 30 but graduate June 29. Will this affect if my residency program starts June 15? (Perhaps I can send proof of course completion from the dean without degree until June 29)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
That would be a question for the particular program tbh

Okay, thank you. Also, I have another question. How does the process of NAPLEX application go? Should you just apply to NABP and they will check eligibility via state? Or should you apply via state too? Because each state have speicific requirement documents for licensure. Are NABPs required forms different than each state’s? (eg. Michigan state needs a form as proof for graduation, not official transcripts. Are transcripts needed for NABP in that case?). THANKS alot for helping, I’m a bit lost here.

The way it happened with me was this. You’ll apply with NABP and pay them. That will be the same regardless of the state you want to be licensed in. Your file will then go into a pending phase on NABP. You’ll also have to apply with each state. That will be a different procedure for each state. Once the state OKs it, an ATT will generate on NABP and you can book your tests thru Pearson VUE.

The way it happened with me was this. You’ll apply with NABP and pay them. That will be the same regardless of the state you want to be licensed in. Your file will then go into a pending phase on NABP. You’ll also have to apply with each state. That will be a different procedure for each state. Once the state OKs it, an ATT will generate on NABP and you can book your tests thru Pearson VUE.

Thanks alot for your help! And does the NABP require official transcripts with degree, or can I submit a form of proof?