China and Eastern Asia residency and practice in Taiwan

Started by ewon2004
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ewon2004

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,

If you want to practice in Taiwan, is it mandatory to do residency there?

or

Is a North American (US / Canada) residency sufficient for you to be board certified in Taiwan as well?

I would appreciate any informaiton.

Thanks.
 
I was chatting with a relative who works in a med school in TW.

He wasn't too sure, but he told me that if one is board certified specialist in a US / Canada board, one should be able to be board certified in TW too without doing the residency over again. There may be an interview or some kind of paper exam depending on the rules of a particular board.

I'll investigae further..