Residency application question about ERAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phagocytosis41

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
Hi all 2009-2010 i was in the 1st year of a 4 year Physician assistant program directly out of high school. I did poorly and was dismissed. While I fortunately don't have to put that, I do have to put a field of study. I am hesitant to put Physician assistant since that will definitely prompt questions that I don't want to answer. Would putting Health related sciences be appropriate? I mean I technically am not lying and it isn't wrong, Physician assistant is a Health related science. Not sure how much I am taking this seriously and whether admissions would care.

Members don't see this ad.

Not listing an academic program you attended is risky. From the MyERAS user guide:
Applicants can enter information regarding the institution, degree, and dates of attendance for each undergraduate and graduate school attended. If an applicant does not have at least one entry to enter, they must select None
Programs may consider it fraudulent if you don't include it. It's far enough in the past that I doubt anyone will care any more, so I'd just list it. No matter what you put, 1 year and no degree may prompt questions.

Reactions: 1 users
Not listing an academic program you attended is risky. From the MyERAS user guide:

Programs may consider it fraudulent if you don't include it. It's far enough in the past that I doubt anyone will care any more, so I'd just list it. No matter what you put, 1 year and no degree may prompt questions.

wait, I wasn’t trying to mislead him/her. This was what I had gathered in general that you aren’t compelled to list every school you ever attended like when you apply to medical school, but also from you specifically when you told me not to bother listing my AA degree. I had gathered that ERAS was more “put your best CV forward” then “compulsory listing of everything”.

wait, I wasn’t trying to mislead him/her. This was what I had gathered in general that you aren’t compelled to list every school you ever attended like when you apply to medical school, but also from you specifically when you told me not to bother listing my AA degree. I had gathered that ERAS was more “put your best CV forward” then “compulsory listing of everything”.
i don't know , should i list this school ? i have the feeling i should, but if I don't, how would they even know? i'm not sending transcripts from undergrad

i don't know , should i list this school ? i have the feeling i should, but if I don't, how would they even know? i'm not sending transcripts from undergrad
Well, that poster is a source for program leadership side of things, but like I said, I was under the general impression that this was more like a job application where you tailor your app.... than a medical school application where you are compelled to report everything.

Here's what you sign at the end when you certify:

Certification
I certify that the information contained within the MyERAS application is complete and accurate to the best of my knowledge. I understand that any
false or missing information may disqualify me from consideration for a position; may result in an investigation by the AAMC per the attached policy
(PDF); may also result in expulsion from ERAS; or if employed, may constitute cause for termination from the program.

I don't think anyone will give you a hard time if you leave out some volunteer gig, or an early job you did as a high school student. But I would not leave out any educational experience.

Reactions: 1 users

I don't think anyone will give you a hard time if you leave out some volunteer gig, or an early job you did as a high school student. But I would not leave out any educational experience.
Thank you. I had not gotten to the point of certification yet.

agreed, thanks.