residency at university of buffalo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nunovits

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello: through the scramble, i matched at University of Buffalo . I know nothing about the quality of the program, the quality of the residents, or if the place is "malignant." i was wondering if anyone interviewed there, rotated there or was a student at UB and what their experience was like. I was born in buffalo, so i know about the lifestyle, cold etc, but any thoughts about the program would be great.
thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

nunovits said:
Hello: through the scramble, i matched at University of Buffalo . I know nothing about the quality of the program, the quality of the residents, or if the place is "malignant." i was wondering if anyone interviewed there, rotated there or was a student at UB and what their experience was like. I was born in buffalo, so i know about the lifestyle, cold etc, but any thoughts about the program would be great.
thanks.

hi there! congratulations!
so, please tell me, how many slots were there for the scramble in SUNY-Buffalo? i am condident that you made the right decision and move!
as for me, i am, too, an incoming 'neophyte' to the program. was with a smaller program down south and decided to interview and take the position offered to me for the second year slot this july/aug 2005.
let me share to you my experience:
Interviews:
There were 4 of us who came for the PGY-2 position. all were from New York and US grads, except for me. We met with the Chairman and the program directors. They were all nice and very professional. They are very pleasant and very cerebral, too. Went throught all the "interview questions". The session was like an hour or so. Very nice.
Then we went out to lunch with the current and in-coming chief residents and other residents. All were very cordial and warm. All are praising the program. And I beleive they were truthful and honest with their assessment of the program.
Didactics:
Did the interview in a Wednesday, the didactic day for them. To say the least, I am impressed with the speakers and the interest of the residents about the topics.
Addendum:
you can check out www.scutwork.com for further details aobut the program. Good reflective review there.

Please tell me about the living condition there in Buffalo. Any good apartments you know? (with washer/dryer connection, garage, reasonably-economical, etc.) Which part of the city is safe and very close to the hospital(s)?

Hope to see you there ! God bless!

But I just want this out: It is very hard for me to leave my present program. Since I feel that I am in a family, and I sincerely appreciate their respect, kindness and generosity they have shown me.