Residency change

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joooj86

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This might sound weird, but is there a way to change your residency status? The schools in my state accept students with B.S degrees only. Is there a way where i can change my residency status to a different state where i have a better chance. I have some relatives in other states? What do you think

Members don't see this ad.

joooj86 said:
This might sound weird, but is there a way to change your residency status? The schools in my state accept students with B.S degrees only. Is there a way where i can change my residency status to a different state where i have a better chance. I have some relatives in other states? What do you think

It's pretty easy to change your residency to another state (especially if you have an address there). However, many of the schools will want you to be living there for one year prior to giving you in-state status. Schools vary in the type of documentation they want as proof you are a resident. For instance, taxes, a lease, pay stubs, car insurance, etc. etc etc.

Maybe you want to check out the website of the schools you are considering and look at their residency requirements, which should definitely be there for most of the state schools.