residency completion certificate??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cooldreams

American Mensa Member :)
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
when you complete a residency, say in EM at MCI in independence missouri,

do you get some sort of certificate from them, or just a letter that you can use to get a board certified license??

Members don't see this ad.

i dont know if they have an em res or not, i was being completely hypothetical... i just like to ask stuff i dont know so i can know it/more than i do know...

i guess that question was based off of wondering about why some ppl try to hard to get into a johns hopkins res or something like that?? is it just to show off, or is it that much better??

and yes im serious.. im just a pre-ms1... im a freakin green horn... i dunno these things :p

Members don't see this ad :)
OK

Yep, as a general rule Johns Hopkins is better than MCI (patient volume, academics, research, pathology). It honestly is complicated; and when I interviewed for residency you could see the difference at many places.
Ultimately board certification is the goal and the developement of Physician skills that will best help the patient.
MCI has a great FP/OMM fellowship that is unique to its area.

Check out the above websites, including www.scutwork.com and check out each programs respective website.

to answer your question, yes after you complete a residency program you get a nice glossy certificate to prove it.