residency completion certificate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nearfar

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I graduate from a unaccredited veterinary medicine program and I am Trying to take the NAVLE,One of the required documents is completion of clinical education which is in my country is just a certificate of successful completion of the program with no details, after asking them for the details by the board the office of registration send back the details of the program in arabic and an additional translated copy, the board of education didn't approve the document "Details has to be in a certain way"
I need to know how is the accepted residency program details document should be.

can any one who finish the clinical education in an accredited program or at less know how it should be provide me with any helpful information.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Members don't see this ad.

I am a first year vet student at LSU, but I was just going to direct you to the Educational Commission for Foreign Veterinary Graduates. You might have researched them already, I'm not sure, but I think this is the liason you would need to use to link your school (and graduation from there) with a certificate the is recognized by the AVMA and will allow you to take the NAVLE.

I pulled this from the NAVLE website:
Who may take the NAVLE?

In order to take the NAVLE, candidates must be approved to do so by a licensing board in the United States or Canada. Generally, this means that candidates must be senior students at or graduates of AVMA accredited schools or colleges of veterinary medicine, or candidates enrolled in or who hold certificates issued by the Educational Commission for Foreign Veterinary Graduates (ECFVG) program or the Program for the Assessment of Veterinary Education Equivalence (PAVE). ECFVG and PAVE candidates must have passed the step 3 examination of their respective program before the application deadline to be eligible for the NAVLE. In the United States, candidates apply through a state or territorial licensing board. In Canada, NAVLE applications are submitted through the National Examining Board in Ottawa.

Licensing boards forward lists of eligible candidates to the NBVME office. The NBVME sends a master list of approved candidates to the testing contractor, the National Board of Medical Examiners, where Scheduling Permits are generated and posted to an on-line server for access by candidates. The NBVME then e-mails each approved candidate instructions on accessing and downloading their Scheduling Permit approximately 45 days prior to the opening of the testing window. The candidate prints their Scheduling Permit for use in making an appointment at a testing center, and for entrance into the examination.

The ECFVG general website is:
http://www.avma.org/education/ecfvg/

An overview of the steps required to obtain a certificate from the ECFVG is here:
http://www.avma.org/education/ecfvg/ecfvg_pp_overview.asp

On the side of the page they have a detailed list of each of the 4 steps.

If this is not answering your question, I apologize. I was trying my best to figure out exactly what you were looking for.

Thank you so much for your reply your help means a lot to me, actually I had a one year of clinical training in my country and if the board approve it I don't have to go through ECFVG.
I am working on the ECFVG now but it is great if I could take the NAVLE directly.
what I need to know is how is the clinical training details form should be?
because what my college send to the board is the successful completion certificate with no details and when the board ask them for more details the college send a document was more like a recommendation letter.
the registration office ask me to explain how is the formal accepted document should be in USA so they will follow the same specifics in there forms.

You are a great person I really appreciate your help.
Thank you,