Residency home?

Started by mosche
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Which school do you plan to rank #1?

  • Univ. of Chicago

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Columbia

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Duke

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • UNC

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • UCSF

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Stanford

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Emory

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Michigan

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cleveland Clinic

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Univ. of Pennsylvania

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Univ. of Washington

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MGH

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Yale

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Other Harvard

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Univ. of Wisconsin

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Southwestern

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MUSC

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Univ. of Florida

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wash. U. St. Louis

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WPIC Pittsburgh

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Other North East

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Other Midwest

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other South

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Other West

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Other that I forgot, and will hear about in the thread!

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    12
  • Poll closed .

mosche

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Poety posted a poll in the general residency forum, and I thought that it might be interesting to see where everyone is hoping to match.
 
Hurricane said:
I cannot decide between 3 programs...

:laugh: Hurricane you're cute, I think you said that in gen res too!!


Mosche, you know damn well Im not picking any of those schools - you're lucky I have my OWN poll going :laugh:

btw, tons of my classmates are at UPMC
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Poety said:
:laugh: Hurricane you're cute, I think you said that in gen res too!!


Mosche, you know damn well Im not picking any of those schools - you're lucky I have my OWN poll going :laugh:

btw, tons of my classmates are at UPMC

I was grinning when I started the poll! I knew that I would get he!! for a couple of deliberate omissions (i.e. USC, MCG, UAMS, ...) :meanie: !
 
mosche said:
I was grinning when I started the poll! I knew that I would get he!! for a couple of deliberate omissions (i.e. USC, MCG, UAMS, ...) :meanie: !


you bahstahh 😱
 
Ok this may sound silly, but I hear so much about everyone trying to match. I will only be applying to 1 med school b/c I can not relocate due to fiance's family and job situation. Now that being said, is it crazy to think that I will also do my residency in my selected areas close to home? How hard is it to land a residency spot, especially is psych? Is it different in every state b/c I'm in MI. Am I looking at a brick wall here?
 
Ok this may sound silly, but I hear so much about everyone trying to match. I will only be applying to 1 med school b/c I can not relocate due to fiance's family and job situation. Now that being said, is it crazy to think that I will also do my residency in my selected areas close to home? How hard is it to land a residency spot, especially is psych? Is it different in every state b/c I'm in MI. Am I looking at a brick wall here?


Sorry for 2nd post, anyone else having issues w/sdn being VERY slow? It's not me b/c I have a cable modem and everything else runs very fast.