residency hours?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nev

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How many hours do FP residents work on a weekly basis?
Thanks
Nev

Members don't see this ad.

nev said:
How many hours do FP residents work on a weekly basis?
Thanks
Nev

60-85

hmm ...interesting...but FP physicians dont work as that much , right? How long do they work?

Members don't see this ad :)
nev said:
hmm ...interesting...but FP physicians dont work as that much , right? How long do they work?

An FP in solo practice in a rural community is probably working his or her *&(& off. City outpatient clinic working shifts, probably a lot fewer hours (but less pay too). :)

But I dont think that FP physicians work less than or equal to 40 hours a week. Am I correct?
Thanks
Nev

nev said:
But I dont think that FP physicians work less than or equal to 40 hours a week. Am I correct?
Thanks
Nev

FP is what you make of it, that is one of the beauties of it. If you want to work sub 40 hours Monday through Friday, you can find the opportunity. If you want to work 70 hours a week, you can find that too. Just remember, money usually follows how hard you work. An FP working 40-50 hours a week is going to make around 130,000 give or take (this is a generalization, business sense, practice ownership, PA use...will increase or decrease this number), you can make more by working more hours, you can make less by working less. FP is what you make of it.

nev said:
Thanks
Nev

There are absolutely FPs working 40 hours or less per week. Many people like FP for this reason because it can be flexible. You can work as little or as much as you like. These generally are not the people pulling down the big salaries though. :)