New Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 22, 2003
Visit site
Hi all,

I was wondering if it was possible to get a job as an anesthesiologist in the US if I did my residency training in Canada. I know it isn't possible to take the American boards for Anesth if I didn't do residency in the us (mismatched years? Canada 4 Anesth years, US 3?? Have no clue as to the reasoning). So would US jobs takes the Canadian boards as equivalent? And if not, how should I go about transfering to the US keeping in mind I don't need a VISA and I've taken the STEP's. Thanks for any input!