Residency In Norway

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zeddy86

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, Im in Med 3 in Montreal, Canada (so graduating 2010) - and ive recently completed an elective in Norway. I found the country beautiful, the people pleasant, and the doctors - shall we say not too stressed.
I realize of course that in the winter the eternal days of sunlight become days of darkness, everythings super-expensive, physician salaries are about half of what they are in canada, and truthfully under normal circumstances I would have returned home and not thought twice about Norway again.

...However, as the age-old story goes, I met a Norwegian girl (also in med) and so have been entertaining the possibly of doing a residency there.

Im not exactly sure how it all works though, and havent found a wealth of info concerning people in my situation so I was wondering if anyone has any experience in this situation. I assume I have to learn Norwegian, and need to write a few exams.

Luckily, I want to do Family Med, which is VERY uncompetitive in quebec, and Im going to graduate at 23 so I figure if worst comes to worst, I could probably afford to "mess up" a year and come back home and get a spot in family without much problem.

At any rate, any advice or info would be much appreciated.
takk

Members don't see this ad.

I have this same question. where do i find details about residency in norway.
I am finishing medical school in june 2011 from Lithuania
Thanks
sABIN

hello fellas! I am med 6 in Tbilisi State Medical University (Georgia). I wonder if it is possible for me to do residancy in Norway? What documents I need for it? and how much does ut cost for me?

thank you