Residency Interview Invites 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rejection from Bay Pines VA

Members don't see this ad.

U of Iowa HSPA 1/3
OHSU HSPA 1/3

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Those who have been offered interviews, do you think your GPA played a big factor?

Rejection Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth today

Mayo Clinic Jacksonville, FL interview invite today for Monday, February 19.

Reactions: 1 users
1/12:
Bay Pines (Primary Care PGY1) - Rejection

Cone Health (Ambulatory Care PGY1) - Interview
Wake Forest Baptist Health (Ambulatory Care PGY1) - Interview
MEDVAMC PGY1 - Interview

Maybe this is a bit early, but my earliest program deadline was today so I figured I'd get this thread started (since other years have had them).

If you want to share your deadline or the program/location and when you got your interview invite, that would be great! :)

(Also does anyone know if we get informed about rejections for interviews, or is it just that we aren't contacted about getting an interview?)
Cleveland Clinic Children's - invite 1/10
Cincinnati Children's - reject 1/11

Those who have been offered interviews, do you think your GPA played a big factor?

I don’t think so. My gpa is okay at best, and I had a few Cs in pharmacology and therapeutics. I think mine was more involvement, leadership, and getting a masters degree the same summer I had a baby (between P2 and P3 year).

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard back from IHS sites yet?

A friend boosted this from the reddit site. It is blank at this time, and we’re sure it needs updating. Let’s see how it goes...

Anyone hear from:
Gulf coast veterans healthcare system (Pensacola FL)
Sacred Heart Hospital (Pensacola FL)?

I received a confirmation email from Sacred Heart on Monday that said they would follow up at the end of the week.

Do you think if we share the links to the doc on a different website it'd work?

Anyone hear from:
Gulf coast veterans healthcare system (Pensacola FL)
Sacred Heart Hospital (Pensacola FL)?

I received a confirmation email from Sacred Heart on Monday that said they would follow up at the end of the week.
I got the same email from Sacred Heart and I haven’t heard anything else either.

Awesome! If y'all can share this link with people in your class, the more people inputting information, the better!

Anyone hear from Seattle-area PGY-1 programs? So far I have heard Providence Everett, UW Medicine, and Seattle Children have all sent out invites, but not sure about the rest in the area. Wondering about Virginia Mason in Seattle

Anyone hear from Seattle-area PGY-1 programs? So far I have heard Providence Everett, UW Medicine, and Seattle Children have all sent out invites, but not sure about the rest in the area. Wondering about Virginia Mason in Seattle
Someone in my class got an invite to Virginia Mason a few days ago

PGY1:
University of Illinois-Chicago interview invite 1/12

Do programs tend to send all of their interview offers at once, more of a rolling basis, or send out more per candidates that decline?

Do programs tend to send all of their interview offers at once, more of a rolling basis, or send out more per candidates that decline?

It varies by program, so take everything from this thread with a grain of salt
(it's less utility of ____ program sent out their invites/rejections" and more "yay I'm excited I got interviews and want to share")

I know one program for sure that sent me an invite is planning to offer more down the line.

1/12 John Hopkins - Rejection
1/12 Rady Children's - Rejection

1/3 Memorial Hermann TMC video interview

1/8 VA north Texas

1/12 VA Houston and Memorial Hermann Memorial City

anyone heard/know someone who's heard from Seton PGY1? (in Austin)

Do programs ever send rejections then reach out again later to schedule interviews? Wondering how that works if they happen to have a lot of declined interviews.

Do programs ever send rejections then reach out again later to schedule interviews? Wondering how that works if they happen to have a lot of declined interviews.
Programs tend to send out rejection letters once all of their interview slots have been accepted. I knew some people last year waitlisted in case candidates backed out after accepting interviews.

Interview offer from:

UCONN Health 1/11
Zuckerberg SFGH 1/11