Residency Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

platinumdoc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
The recent events have been tragic. We must resume the activities that we as Americans enjoy.

Have the recent events influenced your decisions about flying? Have these circumstances changed the number of interviews that you are going to pursue, if the programs are not within driving distance?

Members don't see this ad.

Currently, I have five interviews for which I will be required to fly. Right after the incident, I was very apprehensive to fly. I even thought that I would limit myself to just interviewing locally. However, I know that I could just as easily die in a traffic accident or from some other freak accident.

Isn't it fascinating how the mindset of passengers who fly has changed. In the past, people would probably sit quietly if a highjacker commandeered the plane, hoping that the incident would end peacefully. Now, everyone is prepared to fight if their plane is hijacked. I know I would.

Pinky

I have been afraid to fly for a year now, but have always told myself I would not allow it to limit me. Certainly the tragedy on 9/11 has not helped my fear of flying, but I again will not allow it to limit my progress - it even feels somewhat patriotic to fly. I still plan to fly to a majority of my interviews.

I have a number of interviews on the east coast, and although it will make me very nervous, I am flying to them in November. My girlfriend just flew out for her Hopkins interview, and even though it was terrifying for me to put her on an airplane, she and I both agree that it's important not to let terrorists terrorize us to the extent it limits our important activities. That's my two cents.