Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was checking out some of the residency appts that students of the Big 3 got and was suprised that quite a number got General Surgery spots. Excuse the generalizatoin, but I was under the impression that Carib med school = IM or FP residencies mostly. Anyone have any insights into Carib residency appts? Do you have to be in the Top 10%, 20%...etc to get a GS residency?
Also, I was considering doing a residency which requires 1 year of IM residency first. As far as I know, this shouldnt be too hard to get as a Caribbean graduate. My question is, do residency committees look at your med school more or your performance (LORs) from your first residency? Do they care about where you did your residency?
Thanks a lot for your help!!
Also, I was considering doing a residency which requires 1 year of IM residency first. As far as I know, this shouldnt be too hard to get as a Caribbean graduate. My question is, do residency committees look at your med school more or your performance (LORs) from your first residency? Do they care about where you did your residency?
Thanks a lot for your help!!
