residency opportunity for Canadians

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dermcanada

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi I am a 2nd year medical student from Canada. I am wondering of my chances to securing a residency spot in states (NY, Cali or Boston). I have a PhD with several publications (2 being in a top derm journal). I am going to be taking my step 1 in the summer. I will be doing electives in derm hopefully at least two. My school does not allow too many electives outside my program. I am curious of anyone know if any Canadians have successfully landed in derm residency in states and if the selection criteria were similar to a US student.
Thanks guys,
Keep up the good work.