Residency Personal statement panic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scio

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ive searched for advice on personal statements and I found a personal statement readers for pre-medical. Is there a list of people willing to read personal statements for ERAS or is there anyone here that would be willing to read my personal statement? I know its a little late to ask about this, but I had some personal issues come up that delayed my ability to finish the statement.

Members don't see this ad.

I have read PS for fellowships and residency. I could provide some general comments.

I wrote a personal statement to end all personal statements and had only one interviewer comment on it. For fellowship I wrote mine in 5 minutes.

Nobody reads them thoroughly enough. Don't fret.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My advice is always not to try to stand out with your PS. Nobody is going to shed a tear from your PS or relate to you deeply on some emotional level. These get skimmed in 20 seconds. If you try and write a literary masterpiece it is more likely to come across as strange than relate able. Write something generic that fits on a single page and be done.

Points for avoiding the phrase “physiology and pharmacology”.

Reactions: 1 user
Personal Statement:

“I want to be an anesthesiologist because I’m really lazy and want to make a lot of money.”

The end.

Reactions: 1 users