Residency program at Moffitt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bobloblaw

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This may be old news to people on here, but I just saw this posted recently and thought I would post it here:

H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Residency positions available July 1, 2007 for newly approved ACGME Radiation Oncology Residency Program.

The Program will be sponsored by the University of South Florida Office of Graduate Medical Education. The primary training site is the H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute. Affiliated training sites include the James A. Haley Veterans Administration Hospital and All Children’s Hospital.

The goals of the Residency Training Program are to provide excellence in resident education in an environment which utilizes technically advanced equipment and encompasses compassionate, multidisciplinary patient care with concern for quality of life and to foster new knowledge through scholarly activities in order to develop skilled radiation oncologists who will become recognized experts in the field.The Program offers a four year training program in Radiation Oncology, following the successful completion of a preliminary training year.

Qualifications: satisfactory completion of PGY-1 level or greater year in a United States ACGME accredited program on or before June 30, 2007. PGY-1 training is not provided by the Radiation Oncology Residency Program. The experience will then be followed with four years of focused training in Radiation Oncology. Residents must have passing scores on USMLE Steps 1 and 2 or equivalent, qualify for a Florida State training license, BLS certification, and current ECFMG certificate (EFMG’s only), and the fulfillment of general criteria set forth for residents by the University of South Florida College of Medicine. The Radiation Oncology Residency Program is fully accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME). The Program will follow all training and accreditation guidelines as set forth by the ACGME, to include competency based training and the implementation of the six core competencies. The Radiation Oncology Residency Program will fall under the Graduate Medical Education Office of the University of South Florida College of Medicine, who adheres to all polices of the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME).

Oddly enough, they don't list contact information. The website is: www.moffitt.usf.edu

Pass it along to anyone you know who didn't match this past year and is looking for a spot for this year...

Members don't see this ad.

I'm an MSIII at USF and so my chances at Moffitt are probably the highest, but what are people's thoughts on going to a brand new program? You lack upper level residents to show you the way and no one has found out what does/doesn't work yet. I want to stay in the area though and would love to match here. Anyone else interested in Moffitt?

i would expect it to be a decent (mid tier) program from the outset as they have a group of young, energetic faculty (including dr harris, penns former residency director) in a nice department with a large number of patients and all the toys you would want.