Residency Program

Started by mbadpt12
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Is it worth the time and money to do an Orthopaedic Physical Therapy Residency?

Depends on your goals as a PT. Worth it to some, others would rather just work and study for the OCS. Ortho residency is good for extra mentoring and focused practice, as well as research and teaching, but you get paid a resident rate. So if money is an issue, may not be worth it. If you want the other stuff, then definitely worth it.
 
I'd say yes since I've applied to several. In my opinion the mentoring and more focused education is worth the short-term pay cut. I think I'll come out a better clinician than if I practiced for a year and that is my ultimate goal.
 
Depending on where you settle, you could go an entire career without the experiences you would get in a single year of residency.