Residency programs and shelf scores

Started by nightfyre
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

nightfyre

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How much do residency programs judge applicants based on their shelf exam scores? I'm just curious because one of the osteopathic schools I am thinking of matriculating at makes their students take NBOME shelf exams and not the NBME so I was wondering if taking just the NBOME ones would make me less competitive at "former" allopathic residency programs (since the residency merger is taking place).
 
What the actual ****? What's wrong with NBMEs?

Based upon my moonlighting as a PD, I don't think it'll make a damn difference, just make sure to pwn the Step.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad