Residency Programs at APA Conference?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

notdeadyet

Still in California
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I went to the Emergency Medicine equivalent of the APA, and at their annual meeting (the day immediately prior to the launch of the conferece) they had a day devoted to residencies, with lectures by residents, research presentations, etc. Particularly relevant to the medical student was a "residency fair" in which different resident programs had tables with information and representatives to answer questions.

Is there any such animal at the APA? Looking over the material sent out, I don't see a residency-specific component. Does psychiatry have some sort of event akin the the residency fair where medical students can speak with lots of residency reps in a similar environment.

Apologies if this is common knowledge or easily accessible. Couldn't find it online.

Members don't see this ad.

Is there any such animal at the APA? Looking over the material sent out, I don't see a residency-specific component. Does psychiatry have some sort of event akin the the residency fair where medical students can speak with lots of residency reps in a similar environment.

There is a very large exhibit hall at the APA. Most of them are drug rep booths, but a small minority of the booths are set up by residency programs. However, I don't remember seeing very many competitive programs (ie., programs in desirable cities with a large number of applicants) there. Most of the residency programs with informational exhibits tended to be on the less competitive end (eg., rural, community-based programs).

-AT.