Residency Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chromuffin

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know there’s a lot of good resources for finding the top programs in the nation (doximity, Frieda, etc.), but can anyone help me find a good list of mid-tier programs with above-average clinical experience? My board scores will most certainly eliminate me from attending top programs, but I certainly don’t want to be eliminated from fellowship opportunities.

Members don't see this ad.

I know I recommended UMiami to you via PM. In general, residencies affiliated with big safety-net/city hospitals are going to at least have the exposure to crazy sh** you want to see as a resident- look for programs that rotate at places like Jackson Memorial in Miami, Detroit Receiving, Bellvue, Grady (Emory and NYU would be a stretch for you, but not impossible). These programs may have their warts, but you’ll have better odds of coming out solid having survived them.

I realize I’m making huge generalizations- just trying to come up with a rough place to start looking.