Residency Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

FutureDVM423

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone! I'm new on this forum and I have a question. My mom is moving to Virginia and my dad lives in Pennsylvania. Would my residency be in VA since I live with my mom when not at school? I am a junior so I am not applying to vet school until next year. Would it be possible to be a resident of PA when I apply to UPenn and VA when I apply to VATech? Thanks!
 
No you cannot have dual residency since the schools use a common application you have to put one state.

I am not sure about what you do when you live part of the year in one state and the other in another state.
 
It will matter where you have a driver's license and bank account for PA I believe.
I'm sure whichever you pick will be fine...but you do have to pick one. I had a similar dilema when I was applying, and Tufts flat out told me I could get in a lot of trouble applying to different schools with different residency. I guess they check up on that kind of thing.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad