Residency Relocation Loan question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cryhavoc

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I’m thinking of taking one of these loans as loan money will dry up in the transition period between medical school and residency. I’d need it for moving expenses as well and first and last month rent.

I have a really good credit score but I’m not employed, I’m just a student. Has anyone had any luck getting this loan from like Sallie Mae without a co-signer or proof of income?

(My family doesn’t like to co-sign things for me, even though I’m pretty responsible.)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes I got one several years ago no problem. No co-signer need. They’re designed for medical students starting residency so they know the situation.

Yes I got one several years ago no problem. No co-signer need. They’re designed for medical students starting residency so they know the situation.

Do you remember how long it took for them to mail it to you? I read somewhere online that it could take 2 months, which makes me think I should apply way ahead of time. Do you remember how long it took for the check to be mailed to you?

Thanks.

Do you remember how long it took for them to mail it to you? I read somewhere online that it could take 2 months, which makes me think I should apply way ahead of time. Do you remember how long it took for the check to be mailed to you?

Thanks.

No sorry. This was several years ago, so I'm not sure.
However, I don't think it was too ahead of time because I didn't realize I needed the money until I figured out where I was going to be living and realized I needed help with my rent deposit and getting furniture. That was likely sometime in mid-May. Plus in general I'm a procrastinator :) But again, this was several years ago so things could've changed.