Residency Relocation Loan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DD71

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi.
I'm an MS IV, and I just applied for Citibank's Residency Relocation Loan. So far everything is going ok, but I just read that applicant "may be asked to provide proof of acceptance into a residency program." So far theyve asked me to provide proof that I am a 4th year or an interview invitation from a residency program - and i gave them both.

I was wondering if anyone was asked to provide proof of acceptance when applying for this loan - bc obviously i dont have that and wont have that until the match in february.

am i applying to early? i thought the loans were supposed to be used for interview expenses and stuff.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone else have any information on this process? I am very worried about this. I have a house to get on the market and sell this spring prior to graduation, but I am worried about getting approved for a new morgate in the area where I match as well as funds for relocation. I am married with 3 kids and a big dog so renting isnt't exactly a viable option unless it is the only option. I have been told citibank and BoA have information. Is it to early to try to get preapproved for this stuff?

Knowing nothing about it, "Residency Relocation" sounds like a loan to help you move to wherever your residency is, not interview for residency spots.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone else have any information on this process? I am very worried about this. I have a house to get on the market and sell this spring prior to graduation, but I am worried about getting approved for a new morgate in the area where I match as well as funds for relocation. I am married with 3 kids and a big dog so renting isnt't exactly a viable option unless it is the only option. I have been told citibank and BoA have information. Is it to early to try to get preapproved for this stuff?

Several people at my school have already applied for these loans. I don't think it's a big deal when. They are usually used for relocation and interviewing from what I'm told.

Please don't post the same thread in multiple locations. As financial aid is the best forum for this type of thread, both of these threads will be merged there.